1998 Honda Accord Distributor Diagram

Pics are included, but the two connecting ends to the Distributor have come straight off the Distributor end. This is the second time this has happened, I have already tried using two Distributors.

a number of notes.
1. I just put a new (used) transmission from JDM with about 30,000 miles on it. I got it working perfectly. The engine in it (2.3L 4cyl) 1998, has almost 280,000 miles on it. There is also a brand new radiator, plugs, wires.

2. My initial problem was with the Distributor that I was trying to fix. It had the oil seal leak within, and I tried with no success to get the pin out, so I could remove and finish repair. In so doing, when I was trying to get pin out, I bent and warped the washer looking piece underneath it. I did not realize this until later.

3. I put the distributor (above) with the warped (washer) back on the engine. I figured I had to find a shop to get the pin out, and then continue repair.
I would leak about a full quart with every 60 miles or so. Its my only vehicle, so it gets me to and from work.

4. I decided to give it an oil change and add Bar's Rear Main Seal additive to it, and help with the engine a bit. It has again 280,000 miles on it. It runs like a champ, or so it did.

5. Without knowledge of warped washer to distributor, I though I would run the car on the highway to have the Bar's Rear Main Seal additive activate and work itself. I was on the highway for about 5 miles, and then car oil light went on. I was blowing blue smoke out of exhaust. I stopped immediately off exit, and it was down a full quart. Leaking out of the warped washer of distributor that I had malfunctioned. At this time, I believe I blew the Head
Gasket, (later inspection found the oil to have antifreeze in it)
I drove it back home quickly about 7 miles after putting a full quart of oil in it.

6. I parked car and then went to a junk yard to get another distributor, and after putting it in, this is what happened. The two fitting ends of the Distributor came off. The first time, I couldnt find the two peices. THe second time, I was able to get them out of Distributor Drive (pictured).

7. I used TDC for piston one, and both times, after the crankshaft turns a bit it breaks them, and then the TDC goes off and it begins to backfire.

Conclusions & Questions:

I feel the Bars Rear Main Sealant activated and created extra friction on problems with the drive? thus creating more torque to break the Distributor?

I looked an took off valve cover to find the pieces to the FIRST DISTRIBUTOR, but I could not find them. The DISTRIBUTOR DRIVE, though is not connected to be able to go into valve cover, it is close off and drops down.
Does it mean the pieces went to the oil pan below?

Because the engine has so many miles, and the head gasket is blown did this create a problem? The engine crankcase can be turned, but when I was setting the TDC, in my full turn, a portion of it would give me some resistance , and I would have to turn harder.

Is this a bent valve? there are deposits of oil on the #1 spark plug well. I removed the spark plug to help with TDC, so I could look down into chamber.

I would require alot of pressure to break those pieces off the distributor, I feel it has to do with the Head GAsket, and or the Bar's Rear Main Sealer, by creating more friction somehow.

How? What?

Im totally confused now.........

Im a shady tree mechanic. Did the transmission completely by myself, so I can turn a wrench.....

finally, what I was going to do it just get engine fired up again, and use Blue Devil Head Gasket Sealer. My neighbor used it on his car, and its been running great......though he has a V8 mercury cougar (1995)

Help.
Dont know where to go from here.

kind regards
[email protected]

Source: https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/98-accord-2-3-l-4cyl-distributor-problem-65120/

Posted by: arnoldeversmannss.blogspot.com

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Pull Up Top Coffee Table / Coffee Tables Lift Top Boston Bed Company Boston Cambridge Framingham Stoughton Ma Mattresses Futons Platform Beds Bedroom Sets Bunk And Loft Beds Wall Beds Sleep Sofas / Shop for lift top coffee table online at target.

Recessed Lighting Fixtures Kitsch Masks Images / Http Northcliffe Org Img Cms Northcliffe 20catalogue 202019 Pdf / Design tips for hiding ceiling lights.

Rear View Safety Rvs 2Cam - 7 Best Backup Cameras For An Rv Or Travel Trailer Rvblogger / Maybe you would like to learn more about one of these?